Our Focus Areas
- Demonstrate how best practices in sustainable agriculture benefit farmers
- Assist farmers to evaluate practices in sustainable agriculture
- Share information and help shape polices that will benefit sustainable agriculture
- Help develop the infrastructure for changing agricultural needs and markets
- Designed and implemented a pilot model for brokering local foods to local institutions: Farm Fresh Connection.
- Coordinated annual tours of farms demonstrating sustainable production and marketing practices
- Facilitated a farm business planning retreat weekend.
- Participated in AgCOM (the Agricultural Council of Maine) and in policy discussions affecting the future of Maine agriculture.
- Hosted an annual education program at the Maine Agricultural Trades Show featuring panels of farmers and other experts.
- Founded and coordinated the More Maine Meat project.
- Researched and documented mutual benefits of cooperation between potato and dairy farmers.
- Researched and documented the dichotomy between industrial and sustainable agriculture models in Maine.
- Produced educational videos about farming sustainably in Maine.
- Assembled and distributed informative newsletters on topics in sustainable agriculture.
For the Latest News and Events click here.